Here is an attempt to discern the planks of Mr. Trump’s real platform for 2020:
- Complete and strengthen the wall on our southern border and begin building a wall on our northern border.
- Deport all people in the country found to be undocumented.
- Eliminate all immigration into the U.S., both permanent and temporary.
- Stop admitting asylum seekers.
- Withdraw from the United Nations, NATO, and other multilateral compacts.
- Add Russia to the G7.
- Add a representative of Russia to the National Security Council.
- Accept Russia’s annexation of Crimea.
- Remove U.S. troops from Europe, Korea, Syria, and Afghanistan.
- Increase spending on defense.
- Increase arms sales to Saudi Arabia and Israel.
- Eliminate the inheritance tax.
- Decrease the corporate income tax.
- Provide additional tax breaks for real estate developers.
- Outlaw all abortions.
- Keep niggers out of white suburbs.
- Eliminate scientists and science advice from government.
- Eliminate spending on science and medicine.
- Eliminate public schools and universities in favor of for-profit education.
- Protect statues of Confederate generals and other monuments to the Confederacy.
- Put the portrait of Robert E. Lee on the $20 bill.
- Outlaw books criticizing the president.
- Strengthen laws against slander and libel.
- Institute new taxes on newspapers and radio and television stations.
- Outlaw mail-in voting.
- Require a government ID for voting throughout the country.
- Privatize postal and weather services, Social Security, and the IRS.
- Begin charging admission for D.C. museums and monuments.
- Make the Justice Department and Federal Reserve answerable only to the president.
- Provide a domestic police force for the sole use of the president.
Perhaps you think the above list an exaggeration. A little, maybe, but it is certainly commensurate with Donald Trump’s inclinations. Only this morning has the president tweeted that we should postpone November’s election because mail-in voting is “INNACURATE & FRADULENT.” (He approves of "Absentee Voting,” which he himself uses, but he condemns “Universal Mail-In Voting.”) The Constitution be damned.
If you want a president with a real platform like the one above, by all means vote for Donald Trump in November, preferably in person and without wearing a mask. If you want to preserve our Republic, vote for Joe Biden by whatever means are at your disposal.
Post a Comment
Anonymous comments are not allowed. All comments are moderated by the author. Gratuitous profanity, libelous statements, and commercial messages will be not be posted.