Here are just a few ideas I copied down while watching the video:
- Sections 1 and 2 are difficult to object to. Problems start with Section 3 and, particularly, Section 4.
- Section 4 represents the “meat” of the document.
- There is little role for the laity in the mechanisms described in the covenant draft.
- The current draft is less doctrinal that previous ones. The draft is, in the end, political.
- It is not clear at what point the covenant, as it is adopted by provinces, becomes the Anglican Covenant.
- The organization of the Communion embedded in the covenant draft looks much like the organization of the British Commonwealth.
- It is not clear how well implementation of the covenant processes will allow for the work of the Holy Spirit.
- There is a danger that, as soon as the covenant is in place, The Episcopal Church will be ousted from the Communion and replaced with the Anglican Church in North America.
Anglican Communion Covenant Forum from CDSP on Vimeo.
Post a Comment
Anonymous comments are not allowed. All comments are moderated by the author. Gratuitous profanity, libelous statements, and commercial messages will be not be posted.